Even though human beings have amazing thinking powers, we really don’t like to think long and hard on anything. It takes a lot of effort to focus for longer than a few hours on a single decision, problem or issue. It’s not that we’re lazy, undisciplined or unmotivated, it’s just mentally exhausting to concentrate intently on one thing for too long.
The design of the Decision Driven® Solutions Framework (DDSF) incorporates features that focus on simplicity and present decisions as “bite-sized” thinking tasks. The goal is to enable users to think through 90% of their decisions in less than one hour. Time-saving features include:
- Frame each decision for the user as a simple question that demands an answer/solution
- Frame each decision with a “bite-sized” manageable scope to help the user focus, focus, focus
- Provide the user with ~10 proven criteria – the factors you should consider
- Simple drag-drop weighting of these criteria
- Simple drag-drop scoring of alternatives
- Simple graphics to help the user compare the advantages/disadvantages of alternatives
- Ability to do a quick first-pass through any decision by temporarily ignoring some criteria or alternatives
The goal is to help users make great decisions and make the thinking process fast, fun and easy. We’re still working on the fun part…
Start making great decisions by using the Decision Driven® Solutions Framework (DDSF). Please contact the Decision Driven® Solutions team at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to start your free trial of DDSF.